Spicy Rotisserie Chicken Soft Tacos
We now cook it all the time. You can use any meat really. Left overs from the grill are perfect.
I do warn you that if you follow the recipe it is very hot, but you can use mild ingedients if you don't like the spicy flavors.
- whole jalapeno rotisserie chicken (shred or cut into small pieces)
- 12 oz
- hot pico de gallo (ready to go, in your local grocery produce department)
- 1 1/2 c
- chunky habanero salsa
- 1 medium
- onion (diced)
- 1 medium
- green bell pepper (diced)
- 2 Tbsp
- chili flakes
- 2 stick
- butter, salted
- garlic salt
- hot slap ya mama cajun seasoning (your choice, but i found this to be my favorite)
- flour and/or corn tortillas
- diced tomato
- diced onion
- shredded lettuce
- sliced avocado
- sour cream
- monterey jack cheese with jalapeno peppers
- queso cheese sauce
- refried beans
- spanish rice
- corn chips
- dice your veggies and freeze them when you can. i always save any unused fresh veggies in the freezer. when i need to prepare something fast they are close at hand. i love it when bell peppers are on sale! perfect time to chop and freeze
- hot jalapeno peppers ~ look for the little brown lines. the more there are, the hotter they are.
How to Make Spicy Rotisserie Chicken Soft Tacos
- 1Melt 1 stick of butter in a large skillet. Saute onions, bell peppers, Jalapenos, chili flakes, and "HOT" Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning, until tender.
- 2Add chicken, pico and salsa. There should be lots of juices in the pan. Add garlic salt to taste. Don't hold back on the "Slap Ya Mama"!! Bring to a nice boil for a few minutes. Lower the heat and simmer until juices have almost evbaporated.
- 3Use butter to heat the tortillas one at a time in a skillet. Serve buttery and hot!!