SPICY CHICKEN WITH RICE AND BEANS
Recipe & photo: recipe.com
- 2 Tbsp
- canola oil
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic pepper blend
- salt to taste
- 1 c
- long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 2 can(s)
- (10 oz.ea.) diced tomatoes & green chilies, undrained
- 1 can(s)
- (15 oz.) ranch style beans, undrained
- 1 1/3 c
- 1/4 c
- sliced green onions
How to Make SPICY CHICKEN WITH RICE AND BEANS
- 1In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the chicken with the pepper seasoning and salt to taste.
- 2Cook chicken about 4 minutes per side or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet. Add the rice to the skillet and cook until rice begins to brown, about 2 minutes. Add the undrained tomatoes, beans, and water.
- 3Place the browned chicken on top of rice; cover and simmer over medium heat for about 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- 4Top with green onions and serve. If you like it extra spicy, toss in a couple squirts of red hot cayenne pepper sauce.