Spicy Chicken Orzo Soup
- 2 lbs chicken parts. i use leg quarters but you can use breasts if you prefer
- 3 stalks chopped celery
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped hot peppers, more if you can stand it, less if you can't. use any really hot kind you like.
- 6 ounces of orzo
- 1 or 2 tsp of seasoned salt to your taste
How to Make Spicy Chicken Orzo Soup
- 1Boil your chicken in a large pot of water. Remove chicken and chop or shred it.
- 2Add the vegetables and salt to the water and cook until tender.
- 3Return as much of the chopped chicken as you like in your soup to the pot. If you have leftovers save them for another recipe.
- 4Add the orzo and cook until the pasta is done. More orzo makes a heartier soup, less makes a nice thinner soup.
- 5Optional - if you like you can also add some Italian seasoning if you like it.