Spice Rub Perdue Roasted Chicken
Rose Mary Mogan
This meal was no exception. Perdue Roasters were buy one get one FREE.Double Pac Stove top Stuffing was half price, & these items created a perfect menu idea. Had Cranberry sauce left from the holiday. Took the drippings from the roaster and made the gravy.
Perdue Roasters can be very simple to make with this recipe. The perfect blend of herbs & spices, with the addition of garlic, lemon, orange, & apple wedges, stuffed in the cavity creates a perfectly roasted chicken.
It is moist, tender, juicy & tasty
- 1 large
- perdue roaster 7 1/2-8 pounds, washed patted dry & giblets removed
- 1 tsp
- dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp
- each dry mustard, coarse black pepper,garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, kosher salt, dried parsley
- 4-5 clove
- each, apple, lemon, orange, onion, quartered
- non stick cooking spray
How to Make Spice Rub Perdue Roasted Chicken
- 1PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES F.
- 3In a large roasting pan add a cooking rack, then spray generously with non stick cooking spray. Position roaster on rack and fill cavity with onions, garlic and quartered fruit. Place in preheated oven. SPRAY TOP OF ROASTER WITH NON STICK COOKING SPRAY. Bake for about 3 hours depending on the size of your roaster. Or until the POP UP TIMER IN THE ROASTER, POPS UP TO INDICATE THAT THE ROASTER IS DONE.