Smothered Chicken and Rice
·chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup (full fat, low fat, reduced sodium, your choice)
1/2 pkglow fat cream cheese (or not, if you prefer the fat)
·garlic powder, to taste
·sea salt, to taste (i didn't use much at all)
·pepper, to taste
1/2 can(s)milk, 1% (or whatever you prefer)
·rice, cooked (however much you need)
How to Make Smothered Chicken and Rice
- Pan fry chicken breast in a small amount of oil. I salted the breasts a little, only on one side though. Do not cook all the way through, you will finish the cooking when it simmers in your soup mixture.
- While chicken is cooking, mix soup, cream cheese, milk, garlic, salt and pepper, stir well.
- When chicken is done (but not done all the way through) remove from pan and drain oil. Place chicken back in pan and pour soup mixture over the chicken, cover and simmer (however long is needed to cook the chicken through).
- I took my oil (and added a little bit more) and roasted some brussels sprouts in it with some garlic and "Slap Ya Mama" seasoning... just thought I'd throw that in there... :)
- And of course your rice should have already been cooking so when the chicken is ready you can plate the rice, shred your chicken and put your shredded chicken and gravy over your rice. This was a HUGE hit with my family. Sorry, I forgot to take a pic!