Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs, with Carrots, Onions & Potatoes
Photo by:Jennifer Davick; Styling: Melanie J. Clarke
6 largeskinless, bone-in chicken thighs
4 mediumwhite potatoes
2 cbaby carrots
1 cchicken broth (homemade)
1/2 cdry white wine or 1/2 cup more chicken broth
1 tspminced garlic
1/2 tspdried thyme
1 tspsalt, divided use
1/2 tspfreshly ground black pepper, divided use
How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs, with Carrots, Onions & Potatoes
- Cut onion in half lengthwise, then cut into 1/4 inch thick slices. Cut potatoes into 1/4 inch thick slices or 1 inch dice. Place onion in bottom of a lightly greased 6 quart slow cooker. Top with carrots and then potatoes.
- Combine broth, wine, garlic, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Pour over vegetables.
- Combine paprika and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Rub all over chicken thighs. Arrange thighs on top of vegetables.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting for 7 to 8 hours or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
- NOTE: Whisk juices left from cooking to make a gravy using a cornstarch slurry.
(1 Tablespoon cornstarch to 1 Tablespoon COLD water).