Slow Cooker Chicken & Spinach
This was very tasty and filling and I ended up making about 3 meals out of it, for this single person.
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
- 1 lb
- frozen shredded spinach
- 1/2 jar(s)
- marinara sauce, thick
- 1 c
- water (to make the marinara "pourable")
- salt and pepper
- granulated garlic
- minced onion
- italian spices
- tones curry powder
- place small slices of swiss cheese on top before serving
SEASON TO TASTE WITH:
How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken & Spinach
- 1Put seasonings on raw chicken breasts (both sides) and place in the bottom of the slow cooker
- 2Mix the water and Marinara together and pour around the chicken, trying not to wash off the seasonings on the chicken.
- 3fill the rest of the crock pot with the frozen spinach and put seasonings on the spinach, too
- 4Turn to high and cook for 3 or 4 hours -- until the chicken falls apart and you can stir everything together and serve in bowls.
- 5Could also cook on low for up to 8 hours
- 6I accidentally got a little too much curry in but ended up liking the little bit of zip that added to the flavor.
- 7For one of the meals I cut some sliced swiss cheese in strips and placed on top of the hot food. They got a little melty and really added to the flavor.