Slow Cooker Chicken & Spinach
This was very tasty and filling and I ended up making about 3 meals out of it, for this single person.
4chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
1 lbfrozen shredded spinach
1/2 jar(s)marinara sauce, thick
1 cwater (to make the marinara "pourable")
SEASON TO TASTE WITH:
·salt and pepper
·tones curry powder
·place small slices of swiss cheese on top before serving
How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken & Spinach
- Put seasonings on raw chicken breasts (both sides) and place in the bottom of the slow cooker
- Mix the water and Marinara together and pour around the chicken, trying not to wash off the seasonings on the chicken.
- fill the rest of the crock pot with the frozen spinach and put seasonings on the spinach, too
- Turn to high and cook for 3 or 4 hours -- until the chicken falls apart and you can stir everything together and serve in bowls.
- Could also cook on low for up to 8 hours
- I accidentally got a little too much curry in but ended up liking the little bit of zip that added to the flavor.
- For one of the meals I cut some sliced swiss cheese in strips and placed on top of the hot food. They got a little melty and really added to the flavor.