Slow-cooker Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
- celery stalk
- onion, diced
- clove of garlic
- 16 oz
- chicken broth, low-fat, low-sodium
- 1/2 c
- hot cayenne pepper sauce (i use frank's red hot)
- large lettuce leaves
- 1 1/2 c
- carrots, shredded (optional)
How to Make Slow-cooker Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1In your crockpot, combine the chicken, celery stalk, onions, garlic and broth. Make sure your chicken is covered in liquid - if you don't have enough broth, add some water. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- 2Remove chicken from the pot, reserve 1/2 cup of the liquid, discard the rest. Shred the chicken with two forks, put it back in the slow cooker, add the 1/2 cup of saved liquid, and the hot sauce. Cook on high for an additional 30 minutes.
- 3To put the wraps together, place desired amount of shredded chicken in a leaf of lettuce, and top with shredded carrots. Wrap up and dig in!