- 1 large
- onion, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can(s)
- rotel (or diced tomatoes jalapeno)
- pepper, to season
- 1 tsp
- 2 clove
- minced garlic
How to Make Shredded Mexi-Chicken
- 1Lay the onion rounds in the bottom of the slow cooker. (I just don't like my meat touching the crock. I think it changes the texture, but maybe I'm crazy. I also like the juices to circulate all around the meat.)
- 2Lay the boneless skinless chicken breasts on top of the onions. Pour the RoTel over the top. Season with pepper, cumin, and garlic.
- 3Cook on High 4-6 hours. (My cooker will automatically switch to Warm until I get home.) This should shred very easily with a fork. It will be very juice and have lots of broth too, if you'd like to make a soup out if it as well.
- 4I like to add another teaspoon cumin once it's shredded and put the lid back on while I chop lettuce and get everything ready to for the rest of the meal. If you feel the cumin flavor has lots its pep, this is a quick way to recharge the meat!