Sauteed Boneless,Skinless Chicken Breasts Piccata
Hope you enjoy. Using the boneless, skinless chicken breasts saves calories too. Always a plus!
- 1 1/2 tbl unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tbl olive or canola oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- salt and ground black pepper to your taste
- 2 to 3 tbl minced shallots or scallions
- 3-4 tbl strained fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbl nonpareil capers, drained
- 2 to 3 tbl unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup chicken broth or stock
How to Make Sauteed Boneless,Skinless Chicken Breasts Piccata
- 1Rinse and pat dry your chicken breast halves. Sprinkle both sides with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Spread on plate: 1/4 cup all purpose flour. Coat chicken on both sides with the flour. Gently shake off the excess. Turn oven to low - 200 d/F for use later.
- 2Heat in a heavy 10 or 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat until fragrant and nut brown: 1 1/2 tablespoons of unsalted butter and add 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive or canola oil and swirl them together. Arrange the chicken pieces tenderloin side down in the skillet and saute for exactly 4 minutes keeping the fat as hot as possible w/o letting it burn. Using tongs, turn the chicken and cook until flesh feels firm to the touch and milky juices appear, 3 - 5 minutes more. Remove from skillet and keep warm in low oven while you prepare the sauce.
- 3Remove all but about 1 tablespoon of fat from the skillet, heat over medium heat, and add: your minced shallots or scallions (2-3 TBLs). Cook stirring, until wilted; about 1 minute. Increase the heat to high and add: 1 C chicken stock. Bring to a boil, scraping the bottom of skillet with a wooden spoon to dissolve the browned bits. Add: the strained lemon juice and capers. Boil until the mixture is reduced to 1/3 cup, 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat. Swirl in the 2-3 tbls unsalted butter, softened. Remove chicken from oven. Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve immediately.
- 4I serve this with a large salad and crusty bread. You could also make some rice to go with.