Saturday Night Specials "Sloppy Joes"
- 2 lb
- ground meat (ground beef, turkey, chicken or pork)
- 1 medium
- onion, finely chopped
- 1 small
- green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 pkg
- mccormick's sloppy joe seasoning
- 2 c
- catsup or barbecue sauce
- 2 Tbsp
- yellow or brown spicy mustard
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- red pepper flakes (optional)
How to Make Saturday Night Specials "Sloppy Joes"
- 1Crumble meat into large skillet. Cook on medium-high heat while continuing to crumble.
- 2When meat is about half done add onions and green peppers, salt and pepper; cook until vegetables are tender.
- 3Drain well and return to skillet. Add seasoning packets, Cat-sup or favorite sauce and your favorite mustard. Stir in red pepper flakes.
- 4Mix well and let come to serving temp. over low heat.
- 5Meanwhile, Butter buns and grill them on a griddle or just pop each side in a wide slot toaster.
- 6Place a heaping pile of meat onto toasted bun and top with a slice of cheese if desired.