Saturday Night Specials "Sloppy Joes"
2 lbground meat (ground beef, turkey, chicken or pork)
1 mediumonion, finely chopped
1 smallgreen bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
2 pkgmccormick's sloppy joe seasoning
2 ccatsup or barbecue sauce
2 Tbspyellow or brown spicy mustard
·salt to taste
·pepper to taste
1 Tbspred pepper flakes (optional)
How to Make Saturday Night Specials "Sloppy Joes"
- Crumble meat into large skillet. Cook on medium-high heat while continuing to crumble.
- When meat is about half done add onions and green peppers, salt and pepper; cook until vegetables are tender.
- Drain well and return to skillet. Add seasoning packets, Cat-sup or favorite sauce and your favorite mustard. Stir in red pepper flakes.
- Mix well and let come to serving temp. over low heat.
- Meanwhile, Butter buns and grill them on a griddle or just pop each side in a wide slot toaster.
- Place a heaping pile of meat onto toasted bun and top with a slice of cheese if desired.