Saturday Night Sausage & Veggie Saute W/ Chipotle
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 4 large
- red, orange, yellow, and green pepper mix
- 2 large
- sweet onions
- chicken sausages ( veggie, spicey, etc.)
- 3 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c
- sliced mushrooms (your choice)
- 1 clove
- fresh garlic (minced)
- 1 can(s)
- chipotle pepper in sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 Tbsp
- fat free sour cream
- 1/2 c
- fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 c
- fresh salsa
How to Make Saturday Night Sausage & Veggie Saute W/ Chipotle
- 1Prep sausage by cutting into 1/2" wide slices. Slice onions and peppers into 1/2" wide, 2" long slices. Slice mushrooms 1/2" pieces. Chop or mince 1 clove garlic. Set aside.
- 2In a large saute pan, heat 2 TBSP of olive oil, and add sausage. Saute on medium heat until the sausage is browned on all sides. Add onions and garlic. Saute until slightly transparent and beginning to carmelize. Add sliced mushrooms and saute for 1 minute. Add sliced peppers last. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Saute the mix until carmelized - approximately 3 minutes. Add more olive oil if needed to keep the mixture from sticking to the pan.
- 3Sauce: Depending on your desired "bite" use 1/2 can or the full can of chipotle peppers in sauce. Lightly mash the peppers in their own sauce. Add to the veggie and sausage mix, stirring for 1 minute.
- 4Serve over brown rice, quinoa, or polenta. Garnish with a dollop of fat free sour cream, fresh parsley or cilantro, and fresh salsa. Enjoy!