recipe and photo by: Better Homes and Gardens.
- 16 oz
- pkg. refrigerated sliced potatoes
- 1 1/2 c
- gouda or monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 6 oz
- thinly sliced smoked salmon(lox style), cut into bite size strips
- 6 large
- eggs, beaten
- 2 c
- 1/4 tsp
- each salt and pepper
How to Make Salmon-Potato Bake
- 1Preheat oven to 350^. Lightly coat six 10-14 oz. ramekins with non-stick spray. Place dishes in a 15x10 baking pan; set aside. Place potatoes in a 2 qt. sq. microwave safe dish. Add 1 Tablespoon water to dish.
Cover with waxed paper.Micro-cook on 100 percent (high) for 2 minutes.
Arrange 1/2 the potatoes in prepared ramekins.
Layer with 1/2 the cheese and all the smoked salmon. Top with remaining potatoes and remaining cheese.
- 2In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
Slowly pour over layers in dishes.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until puffed, set and golden.
Casserole is done when no liquid appears.
Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.
Great served with garlic toast.