ROSEMARY CHICKEN WITH WINE
The photo is my own.
- tablespoon olive oil
- cup dry red wine or white wine
- tablespoons minced shallot
- teaspoon dried rosemary (or 1 teaspoon fresh)
- teaspoon dried sage (or 1 teaspoon fresh)
- teaspoon seasoned salt
- teaspoon black pepper
- non-stick cooking spray
- skinless chicken thighs or legs, with or without bone
How to Make ROSEMARY CHICKEN WITH WINE
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Brown the chicken pieces in a little olive oil until just golden brown. Set aside.
- 3In a medium stainless steel or glass bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon of olive oil, wine, rosemary, sage, shallot, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 4Spray a shallow glass or enameled baking dish with cooking spray. Place chicken thighs in a single layer in the prepared dish. Pour rosemary wine mixture over chicken, and cover tightly with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and turn the chicken pieces.
- 5Continue to bake, uncovered, basting several times, for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the internal temperature is 180 degrees. Remove the chicken to a warm platter. Reduce pan juices, if desired and pour over the chicken. Makes 6 servings. Serve with Easy Baked Rice recipe below.
- 6Cook's Tip: I doubled the sauce and was glad I did. I used a small roasting pan and the chicken pieces browned nicely in the oven. The flavors of this dish are subtle, not overpowering. Enjoy!
- 7EASY BAKED RICE:
This baked rice is so good. Candy gave me the recipe for it, and I have made it at least a dozen times. It comes out perfect every time and so delicious with this dish. This is my go-to recipe for rice; thank you, Candy!
1 1/2 cups long grain rice
3 cups chicken broth or beef broth
1/3 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
Combine all in 2 qt. casserole, Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until rice is tender. Fluff with fork, serves 8