Roasted Chicken on Spanek Vertical Roaster
How to Make Roasted Chicken on Spanek Vertical Roaster
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Remove giblets and neck from chicken. These can be boiled for make gravy if you wish. Wash and pat dry your chicken.
- 2Pour half of the olive oil in your hand and spread over whole chicken. The other half spread on inside. Sprinkle salt, pepper and paprika (or whatever other spices you wish) all over chicken, inside and out.
- 3Spray your Spanek vertical roaster with cooking spray and set in a small roasting pan or pyrex dish. Make sure you have at least two inches on each side of roaster for drippings.
- 4Place chicken (legs down) on Spanek Vertical Roaster. The top should just poke through the neck cavity. Add 1/4" of water to pan. Place in oven for 15 minutes at the 450 degrees. This is to sear the inside of the bird. After 15 minutes turn temperature to 350 degrees and cook 15 minutes per pound.
- 5NOTE: The 15 minutes of searing time in included in the 15 minutes per pound cooking time)
Let cool for 10 minutes before you carve.