4boneless skinless chicken breast
1 1/2 cmilk
1 csour cream
1 can(s)chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
2 Tbspchicken base or granulated bouillon
·salt to taste
How to Make Rich and Creamy Chicken Chipotle
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and pan fry in olive oil until chicken is done. Cube cooked chicken into bite size pieces.
- While the chicken is cooking, puree in blender the milk, sour cream, 2 of the peppers from the can with a little bit of sauce for spice, and the chicken base.
- Melt the margarine in the pan you fried your chicken over medium heat. Pour in the chipotle puree, bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, and season with salt to taste. Add your cooked chicken and simmer for about 10 mins. You can thicken sauce with cornstarch mixture if it is too thin, which I usually do. We like it more like a gravy consistency.
- We eat this two different ways. One I serve this with refried beans, Spanish rice and flour tortillas. Another is I make it a pasta. Add cooked rotini pasta to the chicken. Place in baking dish top with Mexican cheese blend and bake until cheese is melted on 350 degrees. Both ways are delish. The first is just more of a Mexican meal vs. a pasta dish.
- When making with pasta I 1 1/2 times the sauce recipe so there is enough sauce to incorporate the added noodles.