Red Bird Wrap
It seems like a lot of steps, but this really doesn't take long to put together and it tastes amazing! I had some of the filling ingredients leftover, so put it on a plate & ate it w/a fork...even hubby liked this one, so it must have been good!
And for those who wanted to see the pics with my new camera, these are taken with it! ?
10 points on the Weight Watchers PointsPlus plan
- whole wheat tortillas, 8
- skinless/boneless chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil, divided
- cremini mushrooms, sliced & chopped
- scallion, coarsely chopped
- red bell pepper, sliced & chopped
- 1 c
- fresh spinach leaves, stems removed
- 1 medium
- tomato, seeded & coarsely chopped
- 1/4 c
- parmesan, romano & asiago cheese blend
- 2 Tbsp
- red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 tsp
- seedless red raspberry jam*
- 1/8 tsp
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
RED WINE RASPBERRY VINAIGRETTE:
How to Make Red Bird Wrap
- 2Core tomato, squeeze slightly to get seeds loose; using a teaspoon, scoop out seeds and discard. Chop into ½”–¼” pieces. Remove stems from spinach leaves, stack & roll up; using a sharp knife, cut in thin shreds. Place tomato & spinach in bowl, add cheese & toss to mix. Set aside.
Add about 3 Tbsp. vinaigrette to bowl just before putting it on the sandwich.
- 3Heat large skillet over medium heat until warm. Put 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil in skillet, swirl around (should just barely coat the pan). Put one tortilla in, leave for about 45 sec. and turn over. Heat another 45 sec. or until it starts to puff up a little. Remove to paper plate lined w/paper towel. Repeat for other three tortillas (w/o adding more oil) and stack, putting a paper towel between each. When done, set aside.
- 5Remove from skillet, slice thin and then chop into 1/2” pieces. Put the chopped mushrooms, scallion and red bell pepper into skillet; over medium heat, cook until soft.
I just pushed the pepper/mushroom mixture to side & let it cook while the chopped chicken was in there, just make sure it doesn't get burned or stuck fast. You could also remove it before adding chicken back to the skillet.