Quickest Chicken in a Crock Pot
I wasn't happy with any of the recipes I came across so I made up my own! The resulting dish was delicious, a bit spicy and fall of the bone tender.
Bonus! Beans and Rice for lunch the next day.
I hope you give this recipe a try when you are in a bind for time!
8 ozfresh sliced mushrooms
3 Tbspolive oil
1 can(s)black beans, rinsed
2chicken leg quarters
·salt and pepper
8 ozjarred salsa
1 can(s)tomatoes with green chilies
2+/- Tbspchili sauce with garlic
·noodles or rice for serving
·optional toppings: sour cream, chopped green onions, queso fresco (mexican crumbling cheese)
How to Make Quickest Chicken in a Crock Pot
- Heat olive oil in pan and brown mushrooms slightly. Put in slow cooker with rinsed beans.
- In the same pan brown skin on chicken legs a little bit for color. Add to slow cooker on top of mushrooms and beans.
- Grind some pepper and salt on top.
- Now pour the salsa and tomatoes over the chicken. Dot with chili sauce. I used about 2 tablespoons and it wasn't too spicy.
- Turn your cooker on low for 6 hours.
- Serve over rice or noodles with toppings if you want.