PORTUGUESE GARLIC CHICKEN
1 largeonion,sliced thin
7 clovefresh garlic ,sliced thin
1/3 cbaked or cooked ham chopped
1/2 cgolden raisins
3 3/4 lbwhole chicken
1/2 cport wine(or chicken stock low sodium)
1/4 cbrandy ( or chicken stock low sodium)
1 tspdijon mustard
2 tsptomato paste
1 1/2 tspcornstarch
2 Tbspcold water
1 tspred wine vinegar
·also you will need to garnish the happy chicken ,with fresh parsley sprigs, tomato wedges taste first before adding more salt.
How to Make PORTUGUESE GARLIC CHICKEN
- COMBINE onions,garlic tomatoes, ham and raisins.
RESERVE the neck and giblets for other uses.
- RISE or bathe your chicken inside and out, and pat dry.TUCK wingtips under; the drumsticks together.
Place chicken on top of all the onions mixture.
- Mix port wine ,port and brandy mustard and tomato paste and pour over the chicken.
COVER and cook on LOW setting until meat near thighbone is very tender ,when pierced (7 to 1/2 to 8 hours) CAREFULLY lift chicken to rack of a broiler pan.
- BROIL 4-6 inches below heating ,until Golden brown.(about 5 minutes.
- TRANSFER to warm platter and cover .SKIN and discard fat from cooking liquid .BLEND in cornstarch mixture.
IN cornstarch mixture .INCREASE slow ,heat setting to high.Cover liquid and stirring two or three times until sauce is thickened (about 10 minutes)
- STIR IN VINEGAR ;and season to taste.
TO SERVE ,garnish the happy chicken with parsley springs and tomato wedges.
CARVE the bird and top with some of the sauce .
- SERVE remaining sauce in gravy picture or gravy boat.
- ENJOT It this recipe remandes me of my mom.s house cooking all day long.Our family together for a sunday dinner .Serve with portuguese mountain bread ,and glass of white wine.OR glass of water sliced lemons.
Now you can cook it almost whole day and no mass, just add few things and your enjoy yourself and your family. Happycook diva