Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
Diane Hopson Smith
This has been a favorite for over 30 years now. My former mother in law shared this recipe with me. She was and is an awesome cook!
- chicken breast, cooked (6 small/med breast or 3 large)
- 2 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup
- 8 oz
- carton sour cream
- 1 pkg
- ritz cracker, from 3 pkg box
- 1 Tbsp
- popppy seed
- 1 stick
- butter, melted (i originally used 1 1/2 stks butter but i've found that 1 stk is perfect)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- rice, cooked and hot
How to Make Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cut into bite size pieces; place in a buttered casserole dish. NOTE: I use an 8 X 11 X 3-inch corningware casserole dish.
- 3Mix the soup and sour cream and pour over the chicken.
- 4Crush Ritz cracker, combine with poppy seed and sprinkle evenly over soup mixture.
- 5Melt margarine, and drizzle over crackers.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes until bubbly.
- 7Serve over hot rice. Enjoy!