Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
Diane Hopson Smith
This has been a favorite for over 30 years now. My former mother in law shared this recipe with me. She was and is an awesome cook!
6chicken breast, cooked (6 small/med breast or 3 large)
2 can(s)cream of chicken soup
8 ozcarton sour cream
1 pkgritz cracker, from 3 pkg box
1 Tbsppopppy seed
1 stickbutter, melted (i originally used 1 1/2 stks butter but i've found that 1 stk is perfect)
·salt and pepper, to taste
·rice, cooked and hot
How to Make Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut into bite size pieces; place in a buttered casserole dish. NOTE: I use an 8 X 11 X 3-inch corningware casserole dish.
- Mix the soup and sour cream and pour over the chicken.
- Crush Ritz cracker, combine with poppy seed and sprinkle evenly over soup mixture.
- Melt margarine, and drizzle over crackers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes until bubbly.
- Serve over hot rice. Enjoy!