Pomegranate Molasses Glazed Chicken & Carrots
Daily Inspiration S
Feel free to substitute the carrots with pearl or cipollini onions.
Recipe is from Sunset.
1/4 cpomegranate molasses
1garlic clove, minced
1 Tbspfresh lemon juice
1/2 tspground cumin
1/2 tspeach kosher salt and pepper, divided
1 1/2 lbboneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 Tbspextra-virgin olive oil
1 lbthin carrots, peeled and cut into 4 inch lengths
1/4 cfinely chopped flat-leaf parsley
How to Make Pomegranate Molasses Glazed Chicken & Carrots
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Whisk together the pomegranate molasses, garlic, lemon juice, cumin and 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper.
- Pat chicken thighs dry with paper towels and season all over with remaining 1/4 ts. each salt and pepper.
- Heat a dutch oven over medium-high heat and add oil. When hot, but not smoking, add chicken and cook, turning once, until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes total. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate.
- Add carrots to dutch oven and cook 5 minutes turning occasionally. Arrange chicken in a single layer on top of carrots and drizzle with molasses mixture.
- Transfer to oven and cook until chicken juices run clear and molasses mixture has reduced a bit, about 15 minutes. Top with parsley to serve.