Poached Chicken Breasts
I use the chicken for salads, soups, casseroles or any recipe that calls for cooked chicken.
How to Make Poached Chicken Breasts
- 1Put boneless, skinless chicken breasts in one layer in a pan the right size to poach them. Fill the pan with water or stock enough to cover the breasts with one inch of water (or stock). Remove the chicken breasts from the pan and set aside.
- 2Bring the water (stock) to a full boil and replace the chicken breasts in the pan. Cover and bring back to a boil. If you have used water, you may wish to add a little salt and some pieces of carrot, onion and celery.
- 3Boil the chicken breasts for 3 minutes and remove from heat. Leave the cover on the pan – do not even peek. Set aside for 3 hours without peeking!!!! Not even a little bit!!!!
- 4Remove from stock and refrigerate. If you cannot be available at the end of the 3 hours you should put the pan (lid on) in the fridge.
- 5You will have some lovely stock for soup and tender, moist chicken breasts for salad, soup, casseroles, etc.