I normally use whole bone-in chicken pieces, but it also works well with breast filets or tenderloins. You may have to bake for less time using boneless.
- 3 lb
- chicken pieces, bone-in, with skin
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil or butter
- 1 large
- can pineapple chunks in juice
- onion, peeled and cut in wedges
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- green onion tops, thinly sliced
How to Make Pineapple Chicken
- 1Wash and dry chicken pieces, and arrange them in a metal 9x13-inch baking pan. Brush with the oil or butter and season with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Stir cornstarch into juice until well-dissolved. Pour over chicken.
- 3Toss the pineapple chunks with the onion wedges, and arrange over and around chicken. Bake for 35-45 minutes, until chicken is well-browned and juices run clear. Baste with some of the pan juices a few times during baking. Place chicken pieces on plate and spoon pineapple-onion mixture over, with some of the sauce. Sprinkle with green onion tops to serve.
- 4This is good served with rice or orzo pasta, and sauteed green beans with mushrooms.