Philippines - Chicken Binakol
This is a native dish from the Philippines where coconuts are abundant. The combination of coconut juice and ginger gives this dish it's flavorful and unique taste that you are sure to enjoy.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon crushed ginger
- 1 cup chinese cabbage (pechay), sliced
- 1 pound chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 pcs young coconut (juice & meat)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (patis)
- salt to taste
- 1 cup of water
How to Make Philippines - Chicken Binakol
- 1Boil chicken slices in 1 cup of water until the water just dries up (this will lock-in the chicken's flavor).
- 2Add canola oil and saute with ginger, garlic, onions and tomatoes.
- 3Add Chinese cabbage, coconut juice and meat, simmer for about 15 minutes.
- 4Add fish sauce and/or salt to taste.