Pesto Bruschetta Baked Chicken
6boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 ozjar of pesto
3 sliceprovolone cheese
2roma tomatoes, diced fine
1 1/4 cvidalia onion, diced fine
1-2 tspdried or fresh chopped basil
How to Make Pesto Bruschetta Baked Chicken
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 13x9 glass baking dish with nonstick spray.
- If chicken breasts are large, slice in half and spread each half with a heaping tablespoon of pesto and roll. If not large, slice a pocket into the breast, spread the pesto in pocket and place in baking dish; repeat until all breasts have pesto and are in dish.
- Cover dish with foil and bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Meanwhile, place chopped onion and tomatoes in a bowl, add in dried or fresh basil, stir well.
- Spoon a little of the pan drippings over chicken; place a half slice of provolone on top of chicken, spoon on 2-3 spoonfuls of tomato mixture. Return to oven for 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve hot with a salad and fruit.
- Nutritional Info: per serving
Total Fat: 13.8g/ Sat. Fat: 3.2g
Total Carbs: 2.9g/ Dietary Fiber: 0.8g/ Sugars: 2.0g