Pesto Bruschetta Baked Chicken
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 oz
- jar of pesto
- 3 slice
- provolone cheese
- roma tomatoes, diced fine
- 1 1/4 c
- vidalia onion, diced fine
- 1-2 tsp
- dried or fresh chopped basil
How to Make Pesto Bruschetta Baked Chicken
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 13x9 glass baking dish with nonstick spray.
- 2If chicken breasts are large, slice in half and spread each half with a heaping tablespoon of pesto and roll. If not large, slice a pocket into the breast, spread the pesto in pocket and place in baking dish; repeat until all breasts have pesto and are in dish.
- 3Cover dish with foil and bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- 4Meanwhile, place chopped onion and tomatoes in a bowl, add in dried or fresh basil, stir well.
- 5Spoon a little of the pan drippings over chicken; place a half slice of provolone on top of chicken, spoon on 2-3 spoonfuls of tomato mixture. Return to oven for 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve hot with a salad and fruit.
- 6Nutritional Info: per serving
Total Fat: 13.8g/ Sat. Fat: 3.2g
Total Carbs: 2.9g/ Dietary Fiber: 0.8g/ Sugars: 2.0g