Perfect Pumpkin Alfredo
18 ozmixed cheese or three cheese tortellini
3/4 can(s)pumpkin pie filling
3-4 slicepancetta, diced
8 ozparmesen cheese, fresh
2 Tbspnutmeg( start with 1 tbs, taste it, and then season to your liking)
1 can(s)peas, canned
1 can(s)evaporated milk
1/2onion diced (white or yellow)
5 clovegarlic minced
·salt and pepper to taste
·cooked chicken breast optional
How to Make Perfect Pumpkin Alfredo
- Sautée your diced pancetta until crispy. Remove from the pan
- Dice your onion and mince your garlic.
Sauté your onion on medium heat in your pancetta fat (add a little butter or olive oil if pan seems too dry) until translucent about 5 min. Add your garlic and cook for 1-2 more min.
- add 3/4 of a can of pumpkin. Stir for about a min.
Put your pasta water to boil.
- add nutmeg to pumpkin mixture stir for another min.
- cook pasta to directions on package. It shouldn't take long, because it's so fresh.
- add evaporated milk to the pumpkin mixture, cook until it starts to thicken and seems like a smooth sauce.
- add the cheese a little bit at a time making sure it is all melty and incorporated =) then add the peas. stir for about 2-3 more min to ensure everything is hot.
- move cooked pasta back to the pasta pot and pour sauce over it and stir until everything is evenly coated.
- serve and enjoy!