Perfect Lemon-Herb Roated Chicken
How to Make Perfect Lemon-Herb Roated Chicken
- 1Preheat oven to 425'
- 2Combine lemon zest w/2 minced garlic cloves, olive oil, salt & pepper along with chopped herbs from 2 sprigs Rosemary and 2 sprigs of the thyme. Leave remaining sprigs whole. (If you do not have fresh herbs, dry herbs of your choice should be fine).
- 3Cut lemon in half. Place 1 half of lemon in the cavity of the chicken, along with the 4 remaining garlic cloves, & whole sprigs of rosemary & thyme.
- 4Separate skin around breast & thigh of meat. Rub herb mixure under skin making sure to get under skin of legs/thighs as well. Rub any (if any) remaining mixture onto outer skin of chicken.
- 5Squeeze 2nd lemon half evenly all over skin of chicken.
- 6Bake uncovered at 425'for approx 1 hr and 30 min's.
Let rest (uncovered so skin does not steam) for about 10 min's before slicing. Chicken is done when juices run clear.
- 7Note: If roasting veggies/potatoes along with chicken, add during the last 45 min's of cooking time.