PASTA WITH SAUSAGE AND BROCCOLI
Recipe & photo: realsimple.com
- 12 oz
- rigatoni pasta, uncooked, or whatever pasta you prefer
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 medium
- onion, sliced
- 6 oz
- fully cooked smoked sausage links, sliced (use whatever sausage you prefer)
- 1 small
- bunch broccoli florets, with stems sliced
- 1 3/4 c
- 1/4 c
- grated parmesan cheese
How to Make PASTA WITH SAUSAGE AND BROCCOLI
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pot.
- 2In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook the onion, stirring frequently, until it begins to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the sausage and cook, tossing, until browned.
- 3Add the broccoli and 1-3/4 cup water to the skillet and simmer, covered, until the broccoli is tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
- 4Add the sausage mixture and Parmesan to the pasta and toss to combine. Serve hot.