Pap Stoner's Chicken Corn Soup
This soup for us was notoriously made during the winter during hunting season, thus the dried veggies in the ingredients. However, fresh is always better and I encourage you to exchange the dried for fresh whenever you can!
- 1 whole
- 1 whole chicken- shredded/diced (buy an already rotisserie cooked chicken...the flavor in the soup is outstanding!)
- 1-2 can
- chicken stock
- 1 bag
- frozen sweet corn
- 1/2 c
- carrots, chopped
- potatoes precooked (microwave, like baked potato), peeled and diced
- rivels (see recipe below)
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- mrs dash garlic & herb seasoning
- 1 Tbsp
- parsley flakes
- 1 Tbsp
- onion flakes, dehydrated
- 3/4 Tbsp
- dried celery flakes
How to Make Pap Stoner's Chicken Corn Soup
- 1Heat up chicken with drippings, adding 2-3 cups of water. Allow to boil for 20-30 minutes, till chicken is about to fall apart. Take chicken out and strain drippings or scoop out bones/fat that remain. Allow chicken to cool before handling.
- 2Meanwhile add chicken stock/broth, corn, carrots & potatoes. Add seasonings (salt/pepper, Mrs. Dash garlic/herb, parsley flakes, onion flakes and celery flakes.) Simmer while adding shredded chicken.
- 3Rivels are one egg, beaten. Salt & pepper to taste. Add flour till mixture becomes a thick paste, approximately 3/4 to 1 cup. Bring soup to a slow, boil and add little pieces of of dough mixture to soup, until dough is gone or you have enough pasta to suit. (Rivels expand in the broth so be careful how big your pieces of dough are.)
- 4Simmer for an additional 15-20 minutes and then serve with fresh butterbread!