OVEN FRIED CHICKEN TENDERS (DIABETIC-FRIENDLY)
These crispy tenders fulfill your old-fashoned fried chicken craving...
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING:
Makes 6 (4 oz.) servings
Calories from Fat: 28%
Total Fat: 7g
Saturated Fat: 3
Total Net Carbs: 14g
3 Lean Meat
***Delicious Diabetic Recipes by: Holly Clegg
- 1/2 c
- nonfat plain yogurt (greek yogurt preferred)
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- 1 tsp
- minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp
- dried oregano leaves
- 1 1/2 lb
- boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 1 c
- italian bread crumbs, or any flavor can be used
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, melted
How to Make OVEN FRIED CHICKEN TENDERS (DIABETIC-FRIENDLY)
- 1IN: Large mixing bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, and oregano.
ADD: Chicken and coat well.
MARINATE: Covered, 1 hour or time permitted (can marinate overnight).
- 2PREHEAT: Oven to 350 degrees F.
LINE: Baking pan with foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3PLACE: Bread crumbs in shallow bowl.
COAT: Chicken tenders with bread crumb mixture.
PLACE: On prepared baking sheet or refrigerate until ready to cook.
- 4DRIZZLE: Chicken with butter.
BAKE: 45 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
***Use any leftover chicken for a salad topping or sandwich the next day.