Oven fried chicken parts, pork cutlets, etc.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2-1 lbchicken parts, pork cutlets, as desired
1/3-1/2 cpanko bread crumbs
·various seasonings to taste
How to Make Oven fried chicken parts, pork cutlets, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350F (convection) or 375F (no fan). Heat in oven a griddle with raised edge or pan wide enough to hold the meat with room between the pieces.
- Prepare meat for coating, e.g. cut chicken into pieces, pound and cube cutlets, etc.
- When griddle or pan is hot, place 1/2 stick butter on the pan and allow to melt and brown a bit while preparing the egg and crumbs and coating the pieces.
- In a shallow dish, beat egg and water with a fork until smooth. In another shallow dish, mix together flour, crumbs and desired seasoning.
A typical seasoning mix for chicken might be salt, pepper, dried mixed herbs, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika. Pork seasoning can be as plain as salt and pepper.
- Dip each piece of chicken or pork in the egg and then coat with the flour/crumb mixture.
- Place the coated pieces in the hot melted butter on the griddle or pan. Chicken thighs and breasts should be placed skin-side down. Return to oven and bake 20 minutes. Flip the pieces and cook an additional 10 minutes. If cooking large pieces of chicken use a thermometer to make sure their internal temperature is at least 165F. The chicken will remain moist even if the temperature is 200F.