- cornish hens,thawed if frozen. giblets removed
- salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 1/2 tsp
- emeril's original essence,(or what ever seasoning you like).
- 1 tsp
- chinese five spice powder
- 3/4 c
- orange marmalade or apricot preserves
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- 1/4 c
- orange juice, fresh
- 1/4 c
- chicken broth, low-fat
- 1/ c
- red wine
How to Make Orange-Glazed Cornish Hens
- 1Rinse hens,and pat dry.Sprinkle cavities and skin with salt & pepper,to taste. Rub seasoning on hens.
- 2You can cook hens whole,or cut in half. If cooking whole tie legs together with kitchen string.
- 3Place seasoned hens on a backing dish and set in fridg for at least 2 hours or longer. to dry skin
When ready to roast, preheat oven to 400.
- 4In a saucepan make the basting sauce, Whisk together five-spice powder, marmalade or preserves,mustard,ornge juice,red wine,and broth. Heat over med heat until the marmalade is melted and the mixture is almost smooth. Set aside 1/2 the sauce to serve with hens.
- 5Coat a broiler pan wih nonstick cooking spray, Place the hens in the pan,and drizzle wih some of the sauce.
Place in oven and roast for 15 min. Reduce the oven to 350, Drizzle more sauce over hens,continue roasting, basting occasionally,untill hens are done,( Abought 30 min). Let stand 10-15 min befor serving. If serving 4 cut hens in half. Serve with reserved sauce.