ONE-POT GARDEN CHICKEN & NOODLES
3/4 lbchicken breast halves, skinless and boneless, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
1/3 conion, finely chopped
1 can(s)(14 1/2 oz.) chicken broth
1/2 pkg(6 oz.) broad egg noodles, uncooked
1 pkg(10 oz.) frozen peas and carrots
1/4 tspblack pepper
1 can(s)(10 3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
3/4 cgrated parmesan cheese, divided
1 jar(s)(4 oz.) chopped pimiento, drained
How to Make ONE-POT GARDEN CHICKEN & NOODLES
- In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt butter; add chicken and onion. Cook 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add chicken broth; heat to boiling. Stir in uncooked pasta, peas and carrots, salt and pepper, stirring to coat evenly with liquid. Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer on medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until most liquid is absorbed.
- In a medium bowl, stir together soup, milk, 1/2 cup cheese and pimiento until smooth; stir into pasta mixture. Simmer until heated through.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with remaining Parmesan cheese.