Norma's Zesty Lemon Chicken Scaloppine
- 1/2 lb
- whole-wheat capellini pasta
- 2 tsp
- olive oil, light
- 1 lb
- boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets
- 1/4 tsp
- each of sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 large
- lemon, zested and thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 c
- low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 c
- baby arugula
- 1/4 c
- grated low-fat parmesan cheese
How to Make Norma's Zesty Lemon Chicken Scaloppine
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- 2Brush the bottom of a large sauce pan or non-stick skillet with oil and heat on medium high heat.
- 3Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and add to pan in a single layer and sear for one minute.
- 4Flip each piece and sear for one minute more.
- 5Top chicken with lemon rounds and add broth, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6With a slotted spoon or spatula, remove chicken and lemon from pan and transfer to a large plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- 7Add pasta, arugula, and lemon zest to pan and toss to coat.
- 8Spoon pasta and arugula onto serving plates and top with chicken, lemon and parmeson, dividing evenly.