Norma's Zesty Lemon Chicken Scaloppine
1/2 lbwhole-wheat capellini pasta
2 tspolive oil, light
1 lbboneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets
1/4 tspeach of sea salt and ground black pepper
1 largelemon, zested and thinly sliced into rounds
1 clow-sodium chicken broth
2 cbaby arugula
1/4 cgrated low-fat parmesan cheese
How to Make Norma's Zesty Lemon Chicken Scaloppine
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Brush the bottom of a large sauce pan or non-stick skillet with oil and heat on medium high heat.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and add to pan in a single layer and sear for one minute.
- Flip each piece and sear for one minute more.
- Top chicken with lemon rounds and add broth, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon or spatula, remove chicken and lemon from pan and transfer to a large plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add pasta, arugula, and lemon zest to pan and toss to coat.
- Spoon pasta and arugula onto serving plates and top with chicken, lemon and parmeson, dividing evenly.