Nancy's Fancy Pizza Zapiekanka
A zapiekanka is a polish-style pizza sandwich. It is made on bread, topped with meat (sometimes), cheese and oregano, using a ketchup base. I changed the ketchup to low-sodium bbq sauce to make it healthier.
- 2 slice
- wheat bread
- 2-3 Tbsp
- lynn socko's low sodium bbq sauce
- roughly chopped up asparagus spears
- handful of chopped up chicken sausage (fully cooked)
- sprinkling of low-fat shredded cheese (i used colby jack)
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make Nancy's Fancy Pizza Zapiekanka
- 1Make Lynn's bbq sauce. Its quick!
- 2Preheat oven to 350*. Arrange chicken sausage on bread slices. Top with bbq sauce, then cheese, oregano and asparagus.
- 3Bake 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted and sides of bread are crispy. Enjoy!