My Favorite Chicken Noodle Soup
- bone in chicken breasts,
- OR 1
- breast and 1 leg quarter
- 1 to 2 qt
- chicken stock
- 1 large
- carrot, chopped in small dice
- 1 stick
- celery, chopped in small dice
- 1 Tbsp
- butter or oil
- salt and pepper
- 4-6 oz
- narrow egg noodles, uncooked
How to Make My Favorite Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1Start by heating the butter or oil over medium low heat in your soup pot, and cook the carrot and celery until they soften up, being careful not to let the butter brown.
- 2Then add the chicken pieces and 1 quart chicken stock. Add additional stock if necessary to cover. Cover pan and bring to a boil, then simmer about 45-60 minutes.
- 3Remove chicken from stock, and pull meat off bones and chop up about the same size as the carrots and celery. Return the meat to the pot. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Bring to a boil and add in the egg noodles. Cook until noodles are tender to your liking. May add more stock or bouillon if needed to get the right soup consistency. We like ours sort of thick.