My Low-Fat Chicken Pesto Pasta
8 ozpackage of whole wheat rigatoni pasta
2 largegarlic cloves, coarsely chopped
1/2 creduced fat sour cream
1 cpacked fresh basil leaves
2 Tbspshopped freah flat leaf parsley
·pinch of crushed red pepper (optional)
1/2 cgrated low fat parmigiano reggiano cheese
1 Tbspchopped toasted pine nuts (optional)
·salt and pepper to taste
6 oz(about 2 cups) chopped skinless chicken breast meat or 1 large can of chuncky chicken pieces
1 cof chery tomatoes, cut in half
How to Make My Low-Fat Chicken Pesto Pasta
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the rigatoni and cook according to package directions and drain.
- While pasta is cooking, combine the garlic, and sour cream in the bowl of a food processor, and pulse uintil the garlic is finely chopped.
- Add the basil, parsley, crushed red papper, 1$ cup of the parmigiano reggiano and pine nuts.
- Puree until the sauce is smooth and season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the pasta,chicken and tomatoes with the pesto.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Top the pasta with the remaining cheese and serve.