Monterey Jack Chicken
6boneless, skinless chicken breasts
10 ozmonterey jack (or pepper jack) cheese, sliced not shredded
4 largeeggs, beaten
1 1/2 tsphot sauce
2 cpanko bread crumbs
2 tspchili powder
2 tspground cumin
1 tsponion salt
1 tspgarlic salt
1/2 tspdried oregano
1/4 cmargarine or butter
How to Make Monterey Jack Chicken
- Cut cheese into 6 equal slices. Make a horizontal slit or pocket into the side of each chicken breast- DON'T cut all the way through! Place one slice of cheese in the pocket of each chicken breast.
- In a shallow bowl or pie plate, mix eggs, hot sauce, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate shallow bowl or pie plate, combine panko crumbs, chili powder, cumin, onion salt, garlic salt and oregano. Set aside.
- Place 1/4 c. butter in a 13x9 baking dish and place in oven while preheating to 375 degrees. When butter is melted remove pan from oven.
- Dip stuffed chicken breasts in egg mixture to coat then into crumb mixture to coat. Place into melted butter in baking dish. Complete with all chicken breasts.
- Bake, uncovered, in preheated 375 degree oven for 35-40 minutes or just until done. Serve immediately.