Mom-Mom's Chicken Casserole
This is a great freezer dish, and good for using up leftover chicken. (See Cook's Note)
How to Make Mom-Mom's Chicken Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a large casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- In a small saucepan, saute the onion in a small amount of butter, until soft. Set aside.
- Chop up the hard boiled eggs.
- Combine the cooked chicken, celery, onion, eggs & soup. Mix well. Pour into the prepared casserole dish.
- Open the sleeve of Saltines crackers & spread a little butter on each one. Then take several at a time and crush them onto the top of the casserole. (Yes, it's messy, but trust me... It's good!)
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the casserole is bubbly on the edges and the crackers are a golden brown.
- Cook's Note: This can be mixed ahead of time & frozen for later (minus the crackers). Just add the buttered crackers right before baking.
Also, this is a great way to use up leftover chicken meat. I have made it with thigh & drumstick meat and it was great!