- 1-2 lbs. of ground beef, chicken or turkey
- 1-2 packets of taco seasoning
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of drained whole kernel corn
- 1-16 oz, jar of salsa (i like mild)
- 1-16 oz. jar of taco sauce
- 2-3 cups of cooked pasta or rice
- 1/3 cup each of green peppers and onions
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of shredded mexican cheese
How to Make Mexican-syle Casserole
- 1Brown meat, onions and peppers together. Drain.
- 2Add taco seasoning per package directions and cook as you would for tacos.
- 3Add remaining ingredients except for cheese. Heat through.
- 4Pour into a 9x13 greased casserole dish. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- 5Bake in 350 degree oven until cheese is melted. (You may crumble tortilla chips or corn chips on top before adding cheese if desired.)
- 6Serve with salad. You may want to add extra salsa, sauce, or sour cream to the casserole to suit your taste.