·1-2 lbs. of ground beef, chicken or turkey
·1-2 packets of taco seasoning
·1 can of black beans
·1 can of drained whole kernel corn
·1-16 oz, jar of salsa (i like mild)
·1-16 oz. jar of taco sauce
·2-3 cups of cooked pasta or rice
·1/3 cup each of green peppers and onions
·salt and pepper to taste
·2 cups of shredded mexican cheese
How to Make Mexican-syle Casserole
- Brown meat, onions and peppers together. Drain.
- Add taco seasoning per package directions and cook as you would for tacos.
- Add remaining ingredients except for cheese. Heat through.
- Pour into a 9x13 greased casserole dish. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake in 350 degree oven until cheese is melted. (You may crumble tortilla chips or corn chips on top before adding cheese if desired.)
- Serve with salad. You may want to add extra salsa, sauce, or sour cream to the casserole to suit your taste.