Mexican Spicy chicken filling
- whole roasted chicken cooked and shredded
- 2 1/4 c
- chicken stock
- dried guajillo chiles
- garlic clove
- 1 can(s)
- 8 oz can hunts sauce
- onions, small white
- 1 tsp
- mexican oregano dried is fine
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- ground cumin
How to Make Mexican Spicy chicken filling
- 1You start by seeding your dried chiles just take off stems and tap seeds out. In a dried pan add chiles and toast for 1 minute on each side until soft. Add chicken stock onion and garlic clove. bring to a boil turn off stove and cover with lid and let sit for 20 minutes. While that is sitting start shredding your cooked chicken making sure you don't have any grizzle. You need about 4 cups of shredded chicken set aside.
- 2After 20 minute get your chiles out and put in blender with garlic clove and onion and the liquid. Blend until chiles are blended. Put liquid through a strainer if you'd like that is what I do. In a large pan add shredded chicken, tomato sauce and liquid add oregano, salt and cumin simmer chicken in sauce for 10-15 minutes.
- 3Let filling cool down and start using right away. You can do the same with shredded pork just use beef broth instead.