Sloppy Josés (Mexican Sloppy Joes) - MW
I guess you could use wheat tortillas to make tacos or such - just you may want to make sure it isn't very sloppy-ish for those.
This is just a base - it can be adapted in several ways.
1 lbground beef (85/15 ratio) or ground chicken/turkey
1 pkgtaco seasoning mix
1 Tbspground cumin
1 tspground cayenne pepper
1 can(s)diced tomatoes with green chiles (14.5 oz)
1 pkguncle ben's ready whole grain medley - santa fe
1 can(s)red enchilada sauce (small can)
1 or 1 1/2 cshredded mexican blend cheese
8whole wheat burger buns
How to Make Sloppy Josés (Mexican Sloppy Joes) - MW
- Crumble ground beef into a 10-12" skillet. Cook and stir over medium-high until no longer pink, breaking up meat as you stir.
- Sprinkle in taco seasoning, add the cumin, cayenne and tomatoes and stir everything together.
- Add in the Uncle Ben's and the enchilada sauce. Heat until bubbly.
- Spoon about 1/3 - 1/2 cup onto bottom bun and sprinkle with cheese. Cover with bun tops. Serve along with tortilla chips and black beans.
- I added some dried diced onions to the mix, but you could use 1/2 of a small onion, diced. I added the Uncle Ben's so I wouldn't use as much beef and it adds a whole grain healthiness to the mix. Very tasty.