Mexican Jalapeno Chicken
- 3/4 c
- shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 c
- real mayonnaise, divided
- 1/4 c
- sour cream
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp
- seeded, minced pickled jalapeno pepper, or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp
- minced garlic
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts halved
- 1 c
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- flour tortillas, cut into strips (optional)
How to Make Mexican Jalapeno Chicken
- 1In small bowl, combine cheese 1/4 c mayonnaise, sour cream, cilantro, jalapeno and garlic; set aside.
- 2Between 2 sheets was paper, pound chicken to 1/4 inch thick. Brush both sides of chicken with remaining mayonnaise. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Add chicken and cook, turning once, 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Place on rack in broiler pan.
- 4Spread cheese mixture on each chicken breast and broil 6 inches from heat 3 - 4 minutes or until topping begins to brown.
- 5(optional garnish) Place tortilla strips on a baking pan and put in 375 degree oven until crisp.
- 6Divide lettuce and place on plates(optional),top with chicken piece and garnish with baked tortilla strips. Enjoy!