Mexicaly Chicken Soup
Make sure you add the toppings, they're fun!
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- onion, diced
- garlic cloves, minced
- 2 qt
- chicken broth, low salt
- carrots, peeled and diced
- celery stalks, diced
- 1 or 2
- yukon gold potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 can(s)
- 16-oz diced tomatoes
- 2 can(s)
- 4-oz chopped green chilies
- 1/2 c
- chopped parsley
- rotisserie chicken, deboned
- salt and pepper to taste
- con queso cheese crumbled
- tortilla strips, green onions for top of soup
How to Make Mexicaly Chicken Soup
- 1Heat oil over medium heat in a large stock pot, add diced onions and saute until onions are clear. Add garlic and continue to saute for another minute.
- 2Pour in one carton of chicken broth, carrots, celery and potatoes. On high heat bring soup to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking until veggies are very tender (45 minutes).
- 3Remove soup from heat and using a potato masher or submerge mixer slightly mash the veggies in the broth. The soup should stay slighty chunky.
- 4Puree the can of diced tomatoes in a blender or food processor, add to soup. Add green chiles, parsley and the remaining broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium. Add the deboned, shredded chicken meat to the soup.
- 5Allow the soup to cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with a sprinkle of con queso cheese, slivered green onions and tortilla strips. A dollop of sour cream or crema goes a long way.