★★★★★ 1 vote5
4chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
1 Tbspherbes de provence
1 tspblack pepper, coarsely ground
2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
1/2 cpitted kalamata olives
12 ozjar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
3 Tbspcapers, drained
1/4 clemon juice
1/4 tspred pepper flakes
How to Make Mediterranean Chicken
- In a large saute pan (one that has a lid), heat olove oil over high heat. meanwhile, sprinkle both sides of chicken breasts with herbes de provence and black pepper. Brown breasts on both sides over high heat.
- Decrease heat to medium-low, turn breasts face down and cover. Cook at medium-low until breasts are slightly underdone (8-10 minutes, depending on the size).
- Add olives, artichoke hearts, capers, red pepper flakes and lemon juice. Simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Romove chicken to serving platter and increase heat to high. Let liquid in pan reduce about 1/2, add butter and stir until butter is melted and sauce has an even consistency.
- Slice each chicken breast crosswise into 5 or 6 slices, and spoon some sauce over each breast to serve.