★★★★★ 1 vote5
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
- 1 Tbsp
- herbes de provence
- 1 tsp
- black pepper, coarsely ground
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 c
- pitted kalamata olives
- 12 oz
- jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 3 Tbsp
- capers, drained
- 1/4 c
- lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp
- red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Mediterranean Chicken
- 1In a large saute pan (one that has a lid), heat olove oil over high heat. meanwhile, sprinkle both sides of chicken breasts with herbes de provence and black pepper. Brown breasts on both sides over high heat.
- 2Decrease heat to medium-low, turn breasts face down and cover. Cook at medium-low until breasts are slightly underdone (8-10 minutes, depending on the size).
- 3Add olives, artichoke hearts, capers, red pepper flakes and lemon juice. Simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- 4Romove chicken to serving platter and increase heat to high. Let liquid in pan reduce about 1/2, add butter and stir until butter is melted and sauce has an even consistency.
- 5Slice each chicken breast crosswise into 5 or 6 slices, and spoon some sauce over each breast to serve.