Mediterranean Artichoke Chicken with Orzo
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 6 oz
- jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 1/2 c
- chicken stock (or equivalent water plus chicken bouillon)
- 1/2 tsp
- red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 8 oz
- orzo pasta (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 Tbsp
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Mediterranean Artichoke Chicken with Orzo
- 1Pound chicken breasts to flatten evenly. Season with pepper.
- 2Drain artichoke hearts, set aside, save marinade.
- 3Bring 1/4 cup marinade to boil in large skillet. Ad chicken and cook over medium heat until lightly browned.
- 4Add artichokes, broth, pepper flakes, remaining marinade and orzo. Bring to boil, lower heat, cover and cook until chicken and orzo are done. Add lemon juice and capers. If too much liquid remains, boil another minute to reduce a bit OR add liquid if too dry!!
- 5Serving idea: serve with steamed Italian (flat) green beans.