Mediterranean Artichoke Chicken with Orzo
4chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
6 ozjar marinated artichoke hearts
1 1/2 cchicken stock (or equivalent water plus chicken bouillon)
1/2 tspred pepper flakes, or to taste
2 Tbsplemon juice
8 ozorzo pasta (about 1 1/2 cups)
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Mediterranean Artichoke Chicken with Orzo
- Pound chicken breasts to flatten evenly. Season with pepper.
- Drain artichoke hearts, set aside, save marinade.
- Bring 1/4 cup marinade to boil in large skillet. Ad chicken and cook over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Add artichokes, broth, pepper flakes, remaining marinade and orzo. Bring to boil, lower heat, cover and cook until chicken and orzo are done. Add lemon juice and capers. If too much liquid remains, boil another minute to reduce a bit OR add liquid if too dry!!
- Serving idea: serve with steamed Italian (flat) green beans.