- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, or red wine
- 1 1/2 tsp
- dried herbs: thyme, oregano, rosemary, crumbled bay leaf (choose any 3 or choose your own)
- 1 Tbsp
- mustard, whole grain or dijon
- 2 tsp
- garlic or onion powder
- 1/4 c
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 dash(es)
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
How to Make Marinated Chicken Breasts
- 1Put the vinegar, herbs, mustard, powders if using and oil in a large re-sealable plastic bag. Close the bag and shake to combine all the ingredients. Open the bag, drop in the chicken breast in the bag. Close and shake the bag to coat evenly. (do not re-use ever if it touched raw chicken). You can Freeze the coated chicken for up to 2 weeks.
- 2Thaw in the refrigerator overnight, under cold, running water, or in the microwave at 30 percent power for 1 minute at a time.
- 3Heat a grill or grill pan. When the grill is hot, place the chicken on the grill and cook for about 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through. You can also bake the thawed chicken in a 375 degree F oven for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- 4Per serving: Calories: 327; Total Fat: 16 grams; Saturated Fat: 2.5 grams; Protein: 40 grams; Total carbohydrates: 3 grams; Sugar: 0 grams Fiber: 0 grams; Cholesterol: 99 milligrams; Sodium: 291 milligrams