Marilyn's Old Tyme Chicken 'n Dumplings
Marilyn Renfro Gore
- chicken, cut up & skinned
- 2 box
- chicken broth (low sodium)
- 2 tsp
- poultry seasoning
- 2 stalk(s)
- celery, finely chopped
- onion, finely chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 c
- flour, heaping
- 2 tsp
- water, enough to make thin dough
- extra flour for rolling out dumplings
How to Make Marilyn's Old Tyme Chicken 'n Dumplings
- 2Add celery and onion and simmer.
- 4Spread sheet of freezer paper over work table and flour generously. Flour rolling pin well too. (On the camp, I use a bottle, glass or whatever is handy and works! HA!)
- 5Scrape 1/3 of dough onto pile of extra flour and flip dough around until well floured on outsides. Roll thin, cut or pull dumplings (dragging them into extra flour as you do so) and drape on one hand and wrist.
- 6Bring chicken and broth back to a strong boil and place dumplings on top of liquid but do not let them stick together. Let those cook and boil while you roll out another third of dough. Repeat until all dumplings are used, adding a layer of black pepper on top of each stack of dumplings. DO NOT STIR but you can gently press each layer down as you start a new layer of dumplings.