Marie's Old-fashioned chicken noodle soup
- chicken drumsticks and 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 large can(s)
- chicken broth - i prefer college inn broth
- 1 small can(s)
- vegetable broth
- 6 - 7 c
- 3/4 box
- extra broad noodles
- 1 small
- ohion, diced
- 4- 5
- carrots, sliced
- 3 - 4
- stalks celery, sliced
- 1 tsp
- poultry seasoning
- 1/8 tsp
- black pepper
- 1/8 tsp
- sage, if wanted
How to Make Marie's Old-fashioned chicken noodle soup
- 1Wash chicken and add to 6 cups water and cook until tender. Remove skin fron drumsticks. Cool chicken pieces aqnd cut into medium chunks. Cool chicken broth and strain out fat. Set aside.
- 2Add chicken and vegetable broth and onion to the water. Also add spices.Simmer about 20 min.
- 3Clean and slice carrots and celery - you can add a bit of celery leaves if you want to, 0they tend to be strongly flavored. Add to the pot and simmer. until tender.
- 4Add chicken chunks to the pot. (check for seasoning). Simmer about 20 min.
- 5Add most of 1 large bag of extra broad noodles.
Simmer until noodles are just barely tender
- 6Serve in large bowls with warm Italian or french bread - or homemade bread. Add fruit and drinks for a great cold weather meal.
- 7Makes good lunches and can be frozen or shared.