Marie's Old-fashioned chicken noodle soup
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2chicken drumsticks and 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 large can(s)chicken broth - i prefer college inn broth
1 small can(s)vegetable broth
6 - 7 cwater
3/4 boxextra broad noodles
1 smallohion, diced
4- 5carrots, sliced
3 - 4stalks celery, sliced
1 tsppoultry seasoning
1/8 tspblack pepper
1/8 tspsage, if wanted
How to Make Marie's Old-fashioned chicken noodle soup
- Wash chicken and add to 6 cups water and cook until tender. Remove skin fron drumsticks. Cool chicken pieces aqnd cut into medium chunks. Cool chicken broth and strain out fat. Set aside.
- Add chicken and vegetable broth and onion to the water. Also add spices.Simmer about 20 min.
- Clean and slice carrots and celery - you can add a bit of celery leaves if you want to, 0they tend to be strongly flavored. Add to the pot and simmer. until tender.
- Add chicken chunks to the pot. (check for seasoning). Simmer about 20 min.
- Add most of 1 large bag of extra broad noodles.
Simmer until noodles are just barely tender
- Serve in large bowls with warm Italian or french bread - or homemade bread. Add fruit and drinks for a great cold weather meal.
- Makes good lunches and can be frozen or shared.