Marcela's Corn & Poblano Lasagna
- 4 Tbsp
- butter, divided
- 3 clove
- minced garlic, divided
- 2 c
- corn kernals, frozen & thawed
- 2 c
- half and half
- 1/2 tsp
- dried thyme
- 1/2 c
- thinly sliced sweet onion
- poblanos, charred, peeled, stemmed, seeded & cut into 1" strips
- 1 lb
- cooked & shredded chicken
- 7 x 3 inch no-boil lasagna sheets
- 2 c
- low moisture mozzarella, shredded
- salt & pepper, to taste
How to Make Marcela's Corn & Poblano Lasagna
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 13 x 9 glass baking dish with nonstick spray.
- 2Over medium heat, melt 2 T. butter in a large pan. Add 2 of the cloves of minced garlic and the corn; saute for about 5 minutes. Stir in the half & half; cook for about 5 minutes more. Stir in thyme. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Pour into a blender (or use a submersion hand blender) and puree until smooth.
- 3In a separate skillet over medium heat, melt the remaining butter. Saute the onions until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the remaining clove of minced garlic and cook for a minute or so more. Stir in the poblanos and cooked chicken; cook for about 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Remove from heat.
- 4Place 1/3 of the corn sauce in bottom of prepared pan. Place 3 sheets of (uncooked) lasagna noodles across the sauce. Spread half the poblano mixture across the noodles; cover with 1/2 of the cheese. Repeat except put final sauce on before last of the cheese. Cover with foil.